Monroe Hall, Room 403
at gwu dot edu
I am an Assistant Professor of Political Science at the George Washington University. Below you can find links to some of my research.
Publications1. Best Evidence: The Role of Information in Domestic Judicial Enforcement of International Human Rights Agreements. International Organization (2013).
2. The Informative Power of Treaty Commitment: Using the Spatial Model to Address Selection Effects. American Journal of Political Science (2013).
3. Trading Communities, the Networked Structure of International Relations and the Kantian Peace (with Vincent Traag). Journal of Conflict Resolution (2013).
4. International Judicial Legitimacy: Lessons from National Courts. Theoretical Inquiries in Law (2013).
5. Strategic Citations to Precedent on the U.S. Supreme Court (with James H. Fowler). Journal of Legal Studies (2013).
6. Still Looking for Audience Costs. Security Studies (2012) (with Erik Gartzke).
7. Trading on Preconceptions: Why World War I Was Not a Failure of Economic Interdependence. International Security (2012) (with Erik Gartzke).
8. Precedent in International Courts: A Network Analysis of Case Citations by the European Court of Human Rights. British Journal of Political Science (2012) (with Erik Voeten).
9. Political Science Research on International Law: The State of the Field. American Journal of International Law (2012) (with Emilie M. Hafner-Burton and David G. Victor).
Work In Progress1. Legislative Veto Players and the Effects of International Human Rights Agreements.
2. Measuring Multilateralism: Ideal Point Estimates of State Preferences over Global Treaties.
3. The Networked Peace: IGOs, Preferences and International Conflict (with Brian Greenhill).
4. Clubs of Clubs: A Networks Approach to the Logic of IGO Membership (with Brian Greenhill).
5. Powersharing, Protection and Peace (with Scott Gates, Benjamin Graham, Havard Strand, and Kaare Strom).
6. Are Bilateral Investment Treaties Really Bilateral? (with Paul Poast).
7. Alliances as Conflict Managers: the Density of Rivalries and Alliance Formation (with Paul Poast).
8. Do Arms Control Treaties Work? Estimating the Effects of the Non-Proliferation Treaty (with Matt Fuhrmann).